This division is also an instructional league designed for girls just starting and looking for a gradual transition into competitive Softball. Girls will have equal playing time. Coaches pitch to players and work on development of fundamentals and game techniques. Players will build their playing skills such as correct pitching mechanics, proper field positioning, and learn official Softball rules.
• Each player receives a visor, belt, and team socks. Uniform jerseys must be returned at the season's end.
• All practices and home games take place at Marge Jones Recreation Center Field, in Rockport, or Hope Elementary School Field, in Hope.
• Schedules will be announced
• OPENING DAY CEREMONIES: Saturday, May 2, at Marge Jones Recreation Center Field, in Rockport.
MAJOR LEAGUE SOFTBALL (Kids Pitch)
• For players ages 9 - 12 (must be 9 years-old by 12/31/2019)
This is the highest level of Little League. While still developmental, the game is played in a very competitive way, with some control of playing time. League standings will be kept and every team will have the opportunity to participate in a double-elimination playoff tournament. Emphasis on Sportsmanship, respecting the game of baseball, building on skills, start the development of strong mental approach to the game with more complicated signs, set plays, base coverage, fielding. Players need to try-out for this level, once drafted to a team that player remains on that team until their Little League age expires. Players at this level are also eligible for All-Star teams that play after the regular season in the summer.
The "March Pre-Season Softball Clinics Series" is designed for all softball players. New this year, the clinics will take place at THE PITCH, in Warren. The dates and times are:
Monday, March 23, from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 24, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Friday, March 27, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 28, from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
The Majors Softball TRYOUT will take place from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. at THE PITCH, immediately following the final clinic on Saturday, March 28. All players ages 9-12 who have not previously been selected for one of our MAJORS teams are eligible to tryout.
The per-player cost to participate in the Clinics Series & Tryouts is $10.00 and must be paid through our registration portal here before players can participate. (available on February 1, 2020)
Please arrive to the clinics with a glove and a clean pair of indoor gym shoes/sneakers. Players will not be allowed on the field at THE PITCH wearing wet, muddy, and/or snowy shoes.
• TEAM ASSIGNMENTS will be announced shortly after tryouts. Team managers will schedule pre-season practices during the week after tryouts.
• All practices and games take place at Marge Jones Recreation Center Field, in Rockport, or Hope Elementary School Field, in Hope.
• OPENING DAY CEREMONIES: Saturday, May 2, at Marge Jones Recreation Center Field, in Rockport
• FIRST MAJORS GAME: Monday, April 27 (tent.) CHAMPIONSHIP GAME/CLOSING CEREMONIES: Saturday, June 13